NEBOSH International General Certificate
Duration: 10 Days Class + 1 Day Exam
Aim and Objective: This qualification focuses on international standards and management systems, enabling candidates to effectively discharge workplace health and safety responsibilities in any employment sector, in all parts of the world.
Certification: Candidates who successfully complete all three papers of IGC will receive an NEBOSH International Certificate which is the required certificate for candidates pursuing for a career in Middle East or for candidates looking to enrich their knowledge in HSE or for candidates aiming for a promotion.
Membership and recognition: The International General Certificate qualification meets the academic requirement s for Technician Membership (Tech IOSH) of Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and a membership of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).
Unit IGC1: Management of international health and safety
- Element 1: Foundations in health and safety
- Element 2: Health and safety management systems - Plan
- Element 3: Health and safety management systems - Do
- Element 4: Health and safety management systems -Check
- Element 5: Health and safety management systems 4 - Act
Unit IGC2: Controlling workplace hazards
- Element 1: Workplace hazards and risk control
- Element 2: Transport hazards and risk control
- Element 3: Musculoskeletal hazards and risk control
- Element 4: Work equipment hazards and risk control
- Element 5: Electrical safety
- Element 6: Fire safety
- Element 7: Chemical and biological health hazards and risk control
- Element 8: Physical and psychological health hazards and risk control
Unit IGC3: International Health and Safety - Practical Assessment
Managers, supervisors and employees based outside the U.K. who require a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety principles and practices. The NEBOSH International General Certificate is also suitable for those embarking on a career in health and safety, providing a sound basis for progression onto the